Getting your BYO device ready for school: Intune
Instructions in below guided videos will show you how to enrol your BYO Windows device into Microsoft Intune for education.
Before you start, please have ready the SMC email address and password that has been supplied to you. If you do not have this information, you will not be able to successfully complete the installation.
These instructions are for Windows 10.1607 and above. You may find some of the screens look different to the ones provided here if you have an older version of Windows or there are changes made to Intune.
- If you have a brand new device out of the box, please click here to follow guided video to enrol your device
- If you're installing it on an existing device: click here to follow guided video to enrol your device
Please note following essential applications will be automatically installed to your device upon enrolling your device:
1. Microsoft Office suite (process will also configure Outlook for emailing)
2. Google Chrome web browser
3. SEQTA - Student web link
4. SMC OneDrive
- Follow this article: How to print using the Express print option at SMC from your device – St Mary's College ICT (stmarys.sa.edu.au)
1. What happens if there is an error during device enrolment?
A: Please have your device restarted and follow the steps again to start the enrolment process.
2. Do I need to install and activate Microsoft Office suite?
A: MS office suite is automatically installed with the latest version and will be linked to your SMC email address.
3. How do I setup my One drive?
A: Enrolment process will install and configure your One drive automatically.
4. How long does the process takes?
A: Please allow at least 20-30mins to complete the full process.
5. My enrolment continues to fails and unable to get through?
A: Please reach out to IT team via firstname.lastname@example.org